SRI Biosciences’ Infectious Disease program combines expertise in immunology, microbiology and infectious diseases to promote studies of immune responses to infectious agents, pathogen biology, and host defense.
Our scientists are experts in virology, immunology, biodefense and vaccine and antiviral development. In response to continual infectious disease threat in human populations, we help clients to advance their therapeutic and vaccine candidates successfully through discovery, preclinical development and into the clinic.
- Explore the role of cells and soluble factors that regulate innate immunity and the transition to adaptive immune responses
- Understand cellular mechanisms of the primary immune response and control of T helper subset development and function during inflammatory conditions and in response to pathogens
- Explore mechanisms by which infectious agents circumvent normal immune responses
- Identify novel therapeutic targets for disease intervention
- Develop vaccines and small-molecule and protein-based therapeutics
- Cell-virus interactions and their role in the pathogenesis of acute viral infections
Our team also provides services for biotechnology and pharmaceutical clients, including
- In vitro and in vivo efficacy and safety testing of vaccines and biologics
- Large collection of human and animal viral isolates
- State-of-the-art facilities for early discovery/development and GLP-compliant advanced development studies, including biosafety and animal biosafety level 2 and level 3 facilities registered with the Centers for Disease Control and the U.S. Department of Agriculture Select Agent Program
- Bioanalytical and immunological testing of human samples from clinical studies
- Custom assay development and validation