Robert A. Brown
Robert Brown, Ph.D., specializes in program management, prototype development, optical devices and instrumentation, optical materials, laboratory measurements and field tests, and lasers and laser applications.
Since joining SRI in 1984, Brown’s work has encompassed many areas of research, including:
- Optical sensor development and field testing
- Optical materials development
- Nonimaging optical and infrared sensors
- Eye and sensor protection from lasers
- Interferometric and imaging systems
- Infrared systems
- Underwater optics
Brown’s other professional experience includes photon correlation spectroscopy, surface second-harmonic generation, ellipsometry, laser Doppler velocimetry, Raman spectroscopy, and photon counting experiments.
He received bachelor’s degrees in physics and mathematics from Humboldt State University, and a master’s and Ph.D. in applied science from the University of California, Davis.