SRI develops sensor technologies with distinct advantages such as high speed, low cost, high sensitivity, and real-time feedback. For clients across many industries, SRI develops, tests, integrates, and deploys customized sensor solutions in these areas and more:
- Remote sensing of Earth's atmosphere e.g., Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar
- Optical sensing in marine environments
- Trace gas and aerosol sensing to detect hazardous compounds
- Optical and biological sensors for national defense and intelligence
- Upconverting phosphor reporter technology for biowarfare defense
- Light detection and ranging (LIDAR) for standoff detection of harmful biological agents and explosive substances
- Ultrasensitive laser spectroscopic sensor systems to detect trace species in the atmosphere
- Laser spectroscopic and biomedical sensors for medical diagnostics
- Point-of-care devices for disease diagnosis and radiation exposure monitoring
- Intelligent sensors for robots to navigate their surroundings
- Sensor phenomenology and modeling
- Vibration imaging sensors
From raw sample to molecular results in minutes: The Sentinel Nucleic Acid Analysis System offers portable, real-time diagnosis of health conditions.
To meet an important military challenge, SRI is designing a sensor system that can disappear on command.
SRI is developing a customized CMOS imager for the Solar Orbiter spacecraft that will allow scientists to study the sun from a closer distance than any previous mission.
SRI International is developing a system that delivers affordable, accurate iris recognition of moving subjects at a distance.